Monday, June 8, 2009

Review: Good Stuff

After practice with my triathlon team on Saturday morning, we all had brunch at Good Stuff. This place is a local institution, located on The Strand in Hermosa Beach. I'd never been because I rarely go to the South Bay... but I must admit, it was a cool restaurant with a very beachy, bright, laidback SoCal vibe. There were many delicious options on the menu, but I opted for breakfast. Although it was only 10 AM, we had just done a 60-minute speed training run, so I was starving and ready for my second breakfast of the day. I ordered the California Quesadilla: "scrambled eggs with applewood honey bacon, avocado, mushrooms, tomatoes and jack cheese, folded in a flour tortilla, garnished with pico de gallo and sour cream, served with fresh fruit." It really hit the spot - it was an enormous portion that was both savory and sweet. Amy ordered the Good Stuff Breakfast, which came with two eggs, two pieces of sausage, juice, and two whole wheat pancakes. Yum.

So if you're ever in the South Bay for breakfast or brunch, Good Stuff is a great option.

2 comments:

  1. Only when training for a tri should one eat meals like that! Training or not, everyone enjoys that kind of meal now and again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never need an excuse to have a decadent brunch!

    ReplyDelete