Sunday, June 7, 2009

Classic cookies

My favorite cookies recipe is the Original Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe. It is a tried and true classic, always a crowd pleaser. I made a batch yesterday for my friend Prairie's party/fundraiser for Team In Training/LLS. I ended up using four different kinds of chips because I didn't have 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips. I think I used about 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1/2 cup of butterscotch chips, and 1 cup of peanut butter and milk chocolate chips. This random chip mixture turned out to be very tasty!

A few of my tips for this recipe:
-Use margarine instead of butter. I find it makes the cookies softer, lighter, and more delicious.
-Use coarse Kosher salt instead of regular table salt.
-Use organic sugar and brown sugar - it really tastes better.
-Leave out the nuts.

Ingredients:

  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
  • 1 cup chopped nuts

2 comments: